Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Brown Eyed Girl

Thats our Whispas. She is gradually settling in. We left her home on her own today as we both had a couple of appointments & it really was too warm a day to leave her sitting in the car. She coped OK, although we did have quite a heart to heart talk when we got home the first time. One of the things I had to do today was to go & have the first impression made for my new top plate. A different experience to say the least of it. You get this bloody great plastic thing that feels like half a shoe box full of cold runny goo shoved in your gob. The worst part is that when pressure is applied to make the mold, the excess runs out the back & settles on either side & on top of your tongue. While it is still soft, its not particularly pleasant but it soon sets. had the first wax plate this afternoon. Feels strange, but I guess I'll get used to it, especially if it means being able to chew my food better than I have been able to until now.

Having a dog is proving to be a good thing for me. It actually gives me an incentive to establish a routine. I now get all my morning chores done by about 9.00 o'clock & then take the snossidge dog for a walk. I'm finding all sorts of delightful places & people around the place that I haven't encountered before. Hopefully getting somewhat fitter is a bonus. My latest find is a delightful little park up the hill a bit complete with a family of quails that don't seem to mind being chased in a half hearted sort of way by a small dog.

I've finally got the lawns back how I like them. Tomorrow I will fire up the Mighty Atom edge trimmer & do the finishing touches. Then its weed spraying, then its weeding the vege garden & hopefully planting something edible. Oh, we have some dear friends coming to visit tomorrow afternoon. Who said retirement was a breeze....

No comments: