Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy Birfday to me...

Had a lovely day today. Brekky in bed care of herself, Wander round the market with a mussel fritter or two followed by coffee at Sola, phone call from Morty & the kids & a lovely suprise visit (mostly) from Richard, Sharon & the kids, so spent a lovely afternoon playing the mad Poppa. After they left, we found where they had conducted a funeral for 3 snails by carefully wrapping each one individually in tissues & interring them under Jude's Magnolia tree. Heard from Sean, which sorta made my day, then went out to the Golden Dragon for tea, all in all a very pleasant way.

Hopefully , I have another day of being spoilt rotten ahead of me tomorrow... Aaaah, the compensations of being a Fathers Day present...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday, Flattie, one of which you are most deserving.

I could so relate when you spoke of how much Sean's call meant to you. On my birthday, I had heard from everyone but Keely. The end of the day was approaching, and I hadn't yet gotten her call, so I was very much down in the mouth. When she called, my whole world became a much brighter place.

So sorry to have missed yours. I knew it was coming soon, but Bill and I have been outta town for the past four days, sans computers. It was dreadful...

So on that upbeat note...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

K