Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bye Bye Blackbird

Its ironic I know, but as I am posting this, I am listening to Max Geldray his Orchestra actually playing that particular song as part of The Goon Show. Anyway, on to the reason for the picture & the post.

I guess you remember me telling you about Mr Bird & his nesting efforts ? Well this is Mr Bird. As this picture was taken, he was in the process of fossicking about in our garden & on our lawn for his dinner. Not 30 seconds before, Fattums, one of the Ginger Ninja's had just stalked pass not 10 feet away, to the complete unconcern of Mr Bird. If he maintains this level of nonchalance, he is going to end up as an integral part of an old nursery rhyme, namely 4 & 20 Blackbirds...


This is Mr Dog. I didnt get his christian name, but he is the self proclaimed managing director of a motorcycle shop that I delivered to this morning. He strolled out to meet me all full of his self importance. After the proper formalities, a handshake, he proceeded to list his qualifications in the closest way he could to talking. What a lovely friendly dog.







This was the view from the cab of my truck this morning.. What a glorious day it was. A real pleasure to be out & about. a lovely spring day. It was very difficult to imbue myself with the sense of urgency needed to get all my freight kicked out in time to get back to the depot in time for the change over. Unfortunately the forecast aint so flash for tomorrow.. But I guess thats spring for you...

No comments: