Monday, October 02, 2006

There is hope for the young ones yet

I was as is my accustomed duties, doing deliveries in Waihi today. Specifically, to one of those shops that sells cheap junk. Amazingly, they sell a lot of it, so we deliver there with regularity. Anyway, I was walking out to get the next carton when this young lad walked by with his equally young (15 or 16) girlfriend. Clutched to his skinny little chest were two slightly dogeared LP's. (You know, those round black things that were all the go before cd's) Being a dyed in the wool vinyl addict with an extensive collection, I made comment on them.

"Yeah, look what they are," he said, holding them out like the Holy Grail for me to inspect. Two very early AC/DC albums that he had paid damn good money for at a local record exchange. The condition of the vinyl was immaterial I guess, as they were destined for pride of place on his wall at home. I then told him about some of the discs that I have in my collection. he stopped short of actually kissing my feet, but not by much. he then turned to indicate his young lady & said with reverence in his voice, "She can play Smoke on the Water."

How absolutely bloody awesome.. What a neat couple of kids. It really did me old ticker a power of good talking to them.
This is a not particularly good pic of our Tigger Puss taking time out to smell the flowers. Not very good quality I know, but with cats one must sieze the moment.. If they think they are the center of attention, they will cease forthwith in their endearing activities. Tiggs really likes those flowers. keeps going back to them. Herself is of the opinion that its the stocks she likes..

No comments: