Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to us...

Last night marked the occasion of our annual work conference & evening meal & get together. It was a little bit special as it marked 10 years for my bosses ownership of the company, so there was the usual speeches about where the company was heading in the future & what our roles in it would be.
I wasnt really prepared for the next bit though. You see, I have been working for them for 10 years as well. I was inherited as employee/slave/general rouseabout when they bought the company. Quite nonplussed I was when presented with the gold watch in the picture. Its a Citizen, & not one of your crap digital ones. Nice & slim, nice & light. I will treasure it.
Herself wasn't left out either. She was presented with a lovely bouquet of flowers, (other pic) Compensation I guess for being understanding of a Hubby that chooses to work in an industry where regular hours & being home at a set time for tea is a non existent thing. Sometimes the only way we get to spend time together is for her to come & ride with me
in a bumpy draughty old truck at all odd hours of the day & night. For that tolerance I love her dearly. She never complains about it. Dont you think that's pretty great?

No comments: