Wednesday, March 21, 2007

God bless Soda stream

Being an afficionado of soda water, either as it is, or diluted with a modicum of whisky, I decided to resurrect my Mum's Soda Stream machine. Now, this machine is an older machine that hasnt actually had a lot of use, but somehow in the shifts, we have mislaid the PET bottles with the bayonet fitting required to use it. No probs thinks I, will just send herself down to Farmers Trading, our local agents, & get her to negotiate the purchase of said items. WRONG... "Sorry, we dont sell them any more, you'll have to buy a new machine.. Wrong answer... Looked up Soda Stream on the net, sent them what I thought was an extremely clever email only to have it bounce as not being a valid address. Rang their 0800 number this afternoon & spoke to a very nice young man. he is going to send me out a couple of 1litre PEt bottles AT NO CHARGE WHATSOEVER. hows that for a bit of lovely old fashioned customer service ? I like it...


AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...... I took this pic in the mens loo's at our local mall.... Can anybody tell me why we should have a vending machine selling flavoured condoms in the same installation as a machine selling toothbrushes with toothpaste ? I get all sorts of mental pictures here & most of them are fairly disturbing. What do you think ?

3 comments:

cwnda said...

The disturbing image that springs to my mind is that of a blind man with a coin in his hand ..... -Ô¿Ô- 

Morticia said...

Or a deaf man who received unclear hand signals... think about it...

Flattie said...

Or a blind deaf man who...... Oh , never mind....