Friday, March 02, 2007

Twenty Years Huh ?

Herself came with me for a ride in the truck today, not an unusual experience. She likes to give me a check ride now & then & see if I have picked up any new swear words for her to dissapprove of. Anyway, we was bowling along, air conditioning working overtime as it was hot... Yes, the truck I am driving at the moment actually has air conditioning.. Very nice... Anyway, it came over the radio that today was the 20th anniversary of the earthquake at Edgecombe. Now I know quite a bit about this, in fact I can probably bore you shitless on the subject.

You see, I was there. Not during the actual earthquake, my goodness me no. That would be way too scary for me, but I was there the day after as part of a task force that the Auckland Fire Brigade sent down to help with the cleanup, & I have the photo's to prove it. All in all it was a fairly arduous & scary process, as there were heaps of after shocks. Herself got quite used to being asked to wait on the phone for after shocks to finish.

So we started talking about it all & soon came to the realisation that we hadnt been together all that long at that point. We met just after Xmas in fact, but thats a whole different story for some other time. The point? We now have been together 20 years, & we still love each other madly. Pretty neat huh ?

Oh, by the way, was Lou Reeds birthday today, so herself & me might just take a walk on the wild side to celebrate both events... Thats if we can muster the energy of course...

3 comments:

cwnda said...

Soooo .... 20 years, huh? That's a good enough reason to celibate - ooops, sorry - celebrate. Cheers! -Ô¿Ô- 

Morticia said...

I was 40 miles away, standing on the front lawn, watching our house lean one way and then the other from end to end (2 storey house ya understand so it was kind of obvious) and wondering "how can it DO that". A rather strange experience.

Flattie said...

Gives the old adage, "Did the earth move for you too dear ?" a whole new concept doesnt it ?