Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Phantom of the Opera

OK, so I sat through a Dame Malvina Major concert tonight. Yes, & if you twist my arm up a really long way behind my back, I will probably be forced to admit I enjoyed it. dammit all, how could you NOT enjoy listening to someone who is so enthusiastic & passionate about her music. Not only did she sing, she told us the story behind each song & the meaning it has for her personally. Its very difficult not to like someone like that.

She didn't just sing opera either. Her version of "Danny Boy" brought unashamed tears to my cheeks, something that nobody other than Johnny Cash has been able to do with that song. She's a mix & mingler too. She was quite happy to come out after the show & sign autographs, with personal messages & nice things to say to everybody. Herself , of course, spent most of the evening blubbing. Her way of showing that she was really enjoying herself. Wimmen can be such strange critters sometimes... Even if I didn't enjoy the music, it would have been worth sitting through it just for this picture alone.
Thank you Dame Malvina, You truly are a lady. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.

1 comment:

Morticia said...

Oh ecstatic Mrs Cat, how wonderful!!