Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A rough guide

A very thoughtful young lady who helps out part time at a public library recently scored for me a copy of a book entitled, "A Rough Guide to Bob Dylan." that had been withdrawn from circulation. Now that I have a LITTLE more leisure time on my hands, I have started reading it. Now its not as if I don't already have Dylan biography's. I have several. I can even boast to having a copy of a book called "Tarantula" which is a somewhat disjointed collection of what can only be best described as ramblings & potential album notes by the man himself. It's not an easy book to come by.

By far the best & most prized book in my Dylan collection would now have to be this rough guide, & I'm only about a third of the way through it. The author has managed to assemble most of what is known of the myth & the man & put it all in to one place. It's brilliant. thanks H, you have made an old Dylan fan very happy. That was a very thoughtful thing to do..

4 comments:

Morticia said...

She says "well hullo, it was Bob Dylan, I mean what else was I gonna do? Leave it there for some disjointed fan to have?"

I have nothing to add...

Flattie said...

I'm glad the word, "OTHER" didn't figure in your comment there...

Morticia said...

She is learning the value of discretion like her mother. It's a hard road.

Flattie said...

Wise child....