Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, another damn year done gone. We stayed up & saw it in though. Not a bad effort for a couple of old codgers like ourselves. We toasted it in the traditional way with a very good quality single malt whisky, ( Laphroaigh) Jude had a wee taste & put the main lot through her PEG. Even our little drunkard Dachshund had a tot. I must admit she has expensive tastes though. I keep a bottle of the cheap stuff on hand for things like a tot in the coffee, or a whisky & milk if I fancy it, you get the picture, but she's not interested in that.. Oh no! nothing but the good stuff for our Whispas.

I haven't made any New Years resolutions. I never do if it comes to it. The only thing I would like to do is lose a bit of weight & I'm doing all I'm prepared to in that area already. I think I have enough happening in my life without eating food I don't enjoy & starving myself. Thats my story & I'm sticking to it anyway. I dont know how to do any better concerning my main goal in life, namely caring for Jude, so its pointless speculating in that area anyway.

So Happy New Year to you all. Thank you for your support & your care. It really is appreciated. If you have made any resolutions, how about adding another to the list. That of setting yourself realistic, achievable goals & sticking with them. I have learned that its the little day to day accomplishments that give the most satisfaction in life. So go for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dropping Keys

The small man
Builds cages for everyone
He
Knows.

While the sage,
Who has to duck his head
When the moon is low,
Keeps dropping keys all night long
For the
Beautiful
Rowdy
Prisoners.

("Prisoners" of ALS; I take great liberty here.)

Hafiz, c. 1320 to 1389, a mystic Sufi poet from Persia.

Happy New year to you three. Wait. The kitties, too!
b