Friday, December 31, 2010

Flesh & Blood

Well, we finally went & done it.. We bought a new DVD player that quite literally brought us into this century. Nothing really wrong with the old one except that I got tired of having to wind it up with a key. No, seriously, all it would play is photo's, MP3 discs & Dvd's. Wouldn't play anything downloaded straight from the puter, & I got sick of the 3 stage conversion process that I needed to go through to play them. So, they were on Boxing day week sale cheap, so we got one. Could have gotten one for $30.00, but decided to do the HDMI thing & lash out on the $90.00 one with an HDMI lead. Glad we did. The quality is so much better.

I like going to see Morty. I always take a flash drive or two & she always fills it up with games & movies. Up till now, the only way we have been able to view them is on the puter. Not now. Our new DVD has a USB port, so we have watched the latest offerings direct from the flash drive. My favourite is definitely the Johnny Cash Documentary. Some beautiful family scenes & awesome music. Thank you Morty. I sat through most of it with tears in my eyes. This track though, made me quite unashamedly cry.... Enjoy....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTKb-pgxGI

Anonymous said...

Hello, you two!
...this is the last song I will offer, that reminds me of you-all. Then I will leave you alone a awhile. Yes. Please do check this out. Warren Zevon's last public appearance.
Happy New Year. b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmjTQqJXtgs&feature=related

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Hoist the main sail, here I come
Ain't no room on board for the insincere
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

I was born to rock the boat
Some may sink but we will float
Grab your coat, let's get out of here
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

Long ago we laughed at shadows
Lightning flashed and thunder followed us
You could never find us here
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

Long ago we laughed at shadows
Lightning flashed and thunder followed us
You could never find us here
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

I was born to rock the boat
Some may sink but we will float
Grab your coat, let's get out of here
You're my witness, I'm your mutineer

You're my witness, I'm your mutineer
I'm your mutineer

Flattie said...

Dammit woman....... Now ya got me blubbing again.. How did you know that the excitable boy was one of my all time heroes... So sadly underrated & undervalued.. So sadly left us far too soon.