Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Humble Pie

Every once in a while, you see something that fills you with admiration. This interview is one such item. This lady has the same disease as Jude does. Admittedly she is a lot younger than Jude is, was probably a whole lot fitter & is less advanced than Jude is, as can be seen by her ability to still talk a little. Even so, I am filled with admiration for her & what she is trying to achieve. Jude & I sat & watched this interview with tears streaming down our cheeks. Please take the time to watch it, & please think about helping her in what she is trying to achieve.

We went over to see Whispas' mum this afternoon. We needed to take the cage back that she loaned us to bring her home in. We had a lovely time & learned a few more things about the breed in general & her in particular. On the way home we stopped in to see Yvonne, an old acquaintance from driving days. As always, I got a lovely warm welcome & a huge hug from her & we had a lovely catch up.

Tomorrow, I'm going to start tidying up the gardens. I know that they are worrying Jude. You see, they have gotten away quite badly since we have been away down the South Island. Looking at them in total is disheartening to tell the truth. I don't actually enjoy gardening. I know some people do. Jude does. I find it distracting & somewhat tedious & boring, although I must admit that the end results are worthwhile, namely Jude being happy. Its a huge job for one person, but I'll do my best. At least I'll have fresh beans to eat. They have regrown in the vege garden in spite of total neglect..

Chris & Mel are coming down for the weekend so that Chris & I can go fishing. That will be a nice distraction from gardening & Jude always loves to see them. They are staying overnight, so Chris & I will no doubt be able to sink a few & forget about the worries of the world for a while. There is always Monday for that.

No comments: