Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hello, my name is Whispas..

And I'm an alcoholic.

We had a cruisy day today. Well, its rained almost all weekend, so what else can ya do? We got half a dozen movies out & have been quietly gnawing our way through them. Today, we didn't even bother getting Jude dressed. We weren't planning on going anywhere anyway. So the inevitable happened. We got visitors. One of the guys that I used to work with & his family to be exact. They came bearing gifts in the form of a bottle of his best home brewed whisky & a sample of his Irish brew, so naturally, I had to reciprocate with a dram or two of my finest Laphroaigh, then a sample of his. He does a nice brew, quite drinkable. We had a lovely time. They had the sense not to stay too long & tire Jude out, & she enjoyed a wee taste of the sacred drop smeared on her gums. Certainly not enough to get drunk on, but enough for her to get the taste anyway.

Whisky isn't usually an after lunch tipple for me, so a nice little lie down after they left was in order. There was nothing worth watching tonight after Joanna Lumley's wonderful programme on The Nile, so we elected to watch another movie. About halfway through, I decided that a wee drop o' whats good for ye was in order, so I elected to sample Tony's Irish brew. Very good it was as well. By this time the little dog, who is feeling much better now , was sitting on my knee. I sorta got engrossed in the movie & the glass came slowly down till my arm was resting on the arm of the chair. Next thing I knew, this long black snoot was in the glass & the tongue got in about 4 good laps before I realised what was happening. I debated tossing what was left in the glass but reason prevailed. They use alcohol to sterilise stuff & why waste good whisky. I could have given the rest to the dog I suppose. She doesn't have as far to fall as I do, but I didn't.

No comments: