Saturday, December 04, 2010

No accounting for taste

As you all know by now, we have acquired our little black & tan Dachshund. She is by nature very nosy. Well, with a beak like that ya gotta be. We have noticed that after I give Jude her PEG feed, she, (the dog, not Jude,) sits & licks my hand, so on a whim this morning, Jude poured out a little Fortisip for her. Dozey bloody animal likes it, vanilla flavour & all ! As I say, no accounting for taste.

Christopher & Melanie are coming down to stay for the weekend. The plan is hopefully to get some fishing done. I hope so, because some big fish have been caught were I fish & its a long time since Chris & I have been fishing together. Will do us both good I think.

We had rain last night. Trust me to have put out all the cushions on the outside furniture yesterday. I'm hoping that the moisture will soak in & soften the ground a bit, as I have resolved to actually bite the bullet & start tidying up the gardens. They all went berserk while we were in the south island & looking at the overall picture is very daunting. Confucious said that the longest journey begins with the first step. I took that step yesterday. I got out the electric hedge trimmer & trimmed the little hedge down the driveway. I also trimmed off about 3 foot of one of my nice long extension leads. After that, I think I need cold alcohol & a nice lie down....

No comments: