Monday, December 13, 2010

My China Girls

We went for a wander today, me & Jude. It's been a while. You know, like normal people. Park the car wander up & down, go in to shops that take your fancy, that kind of wandering. Except for us, its a little different, what with Jude in a wheelchair now, but it was still nice. We did have a few things to do though. We have been investigating getting Jude either an I Pad, or an A Pad & we wanted to check them out. We found out that nobody in Thames actually sells them yet. They do, however, sell the accessories, which I thought a touch strange. We, or rather I, finally made an appointment with the Vet to get Whispa speyed on Wednesday. I'm not excessively happy about getting it done, but I guess it has to be.

We did a bit of shopping as well. Jude has been a bit on the down side with a couple of things. So we went looking for some nice light summery stuff & ended up at the Sun And Moon. Its one of those Asian emporium sort of shop, but more the higher end of stuff. They import some really nice kit in from Taiwan, but have gravitated towards clothing more since they have opened. Only natural I suppose, frocks sell better than high end Chinese furniture I guess. Anyway, we bought 2 or 3 lovely pieces for Jude & a pair of Polaroid sunglasses that fit over my scrip glasses. It transpired, as it usually does, that an explanation of Jude's condition was in order. So, after the usual exclamations of sympathy, the 3 lady's present had a chat together in Chinese, then started giving her a most wonderful half hour session of acupressure, not only doing it, but explaining what I can do for her as well. What charming people. So nice that you don't mind buying the one or two extra bits they gently pressed on us. They did give us a discount on what we bought, at least I think they did. All that really mattered was that we went home feeling nurtured & a lot happier than when we went out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Flattie!
What are Jude's days like? Although she cannot speak, is she able to dress herself? SStand up? Take showers herself? I am not clear om this. Where does she spend most of her day? In bed, in an easy-chair? Does she read, or watch television? Is your charming new new canine able to cuddle with her, and give her comfort? What are Jude's thoughts, these days?

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel