Sunday, June 25, 2006

Fixing Things

Its been a weekend for fixing things. I have finally got the garage door sorted out. I think the grease in the tracks helped a lot, but I also think that realising that the locking bar had slid out of its guide & was jamming up every time the door was operated might have helped a lot. Why couldnt I have figured that one out about 3 weeks ago & saved me a lot of work ? But all is good now, the door will close without having to be helped along.. Aaaah the luxury of remote controlled garage doors. Have also just about fixed the waterblaster. This was a little more complicated & involved liberal quantities of bondofil, epoxy resin & nuts & bolts. ( Dont ask OK ?) Anyway, I'm now down to one small pinhole leak, that just on sheer principal I am determined to fix. One more application of epoxy resin should do it... I think the reason that it started leaking is that we have such high water pressure here. Just about dont even need a waterblaster. Anyway, the join that was leaking is now a lot tighter & stronger, so here's hoping......

Just wish it was as easy to fix Jens lung cancer. Had a call from Ken yesterday. Its confirmed thats what it is & the outlook isnt great. I felt powerless only being able to say "Anything I can do you call" but what else can you say ? Poor bastard is not only trying to cope with all this, but has sold his house as well & has 30 days to be out. Sometimes life can deal you a shitty hand..

No comments: