Sunday, June 11, 2006

Well, today has been about as much fun as a train wreck

The spa pool pump has to go to the doctors. I fixed one leak, but found another & managed to stuff the thermostat in the process. Found out that one of my neighbors, a really nice guy, has leukiemia & if he doesnt have chemo then he only has about 3 months to live . If he can handle the chemo & goes into remission, then he is bumped out to 5 or 6 years.. Not nice. Went & saw my Mum this arvo. It was good when she was in the general wing, I could just wander in & out as pleased. She is in secure now, so you have to know the code for the door to get in. I have the code in my wallet now, so hopefully wont feel so claustrophobic about being shut in next time..

What is it about dementia that causes sufferers to be so restless? One old dear never stopped writhing around for the whole hour we were there.;my heart bled for the elderly gent that was visiting. His wife i dont think even knew she was there, yet he chatted away to her & fed her mandarines. Came time to go & he very painfully rose, got his crutches, bent down & kissed her good bye, & said "I'll see you tomorrow Dear" He then shuffled off in quite obvious pain on his crutches having to push one foot forward with them so that he could move at all. It obviously caused him much pain just to even walk, & yet he evidently goes up there every day & chats to her. That to me shows true love & devotion. I know that Jude would do that for me, I just hope she never has to.

No comments: