Thursday, June 15, 2006

It was a braw bricht moonlit nicht the noo..

It truly was .. A lovely night for a run to Auckland in the old Ford for a good load that her sitting tight on the road like a big fat white bug. Jude came too. She usually does when I have a night run.. She loves to see all the boys out in their B trains on the line haul runs. She says they look pretty with all their multi coloured lights. She likens them to stately ladies in crinoline gowns waltzing down the road. She was also quite blown away to see how even the smallest gaps in the freight have freight wedged into them. No space is wasted at all.

I was impressed by the team leader at the depot, who even though he had trucks & freight up to his armpits, took the time to personally load out my truck & also offer Jude the hospitality of the depot smoko room in the form of a hot drink if she wanted it. I like taking Jude with me on late runs. It gives us some good quality time together.

I met a beautiful huntaway dog (purebred) today.. What a glorious. animal. Comes from Ruatoria, but I dont hold that against him. Obviously treated with love & respect by his boss. You can tell how a farm dog is treated by the way they behave when you approach them.. Not sure who taught him to dribble though...

No comments: