Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm in here claiming sanctuary

The new series of queer eye for a straight guy has started & Jude is a compulsive viewer. I'm not homophobic you understand, whatever spins ya wheels. A lot of perversions are undertaken in heterosexual relationships as well. I do object though, to programmes that glorify camp mincing homosexuals. there are a lot of sexually insecure people around, both male & female & I have seen my good share of those that see a same sex relationship as an easy way to gain companionship without the minefield of marriage/children/family, although the marriage aspect has changed with the advent of civil marriages. Programmes like this portray this sort of lifestyle in a glamorous light. Its not glamorous. Despite all the PC PR around that says its Ok to experiment with your sexual orientation its a cruel world . Not everyone is as understanding as the folks on the TV screen. Rant over..

I'm spending a few days on the early run to Auckland, which I thoroughly enjoy, as it gives me the opportunity to catch up with old friends. Just this side of Mangatawhiri is a road called Bell Road. at the end of it is Morphona Farms. This is a huge dairy farm that is totally organic. It is actually 5 dairy farms combined. They now bottle & market their own certified organic milk.

Anyway, I had a delivery to the Dairy there this afternoon. I stopped entranced by the sight of a big beautiful cock pheasant doing his thing in a paddock. The light was hitting him in in just the right way to show to advantage the beautiful plumage on his chest. It occurred to me that you would have to be a very insensitive boorish clod to even think about pointing a firearm at a gorgeous creature like that. I also got to catch up with Lucky, the cat at Ahead Lumber & her MumThat was nice. They both look a million bucks. Also met a lovely friendly Bull Terrier bitch & his sidekick a real Bustafer Jones Black & white cat who pushed the dog out of the way to say hello to me. And a pair of big floppy Labradors & a racehorse that was more interested in the contents of my pockets. all that & a beautiful day, & more of the same to look forward to tomorrow.

4 comments:

Morticia said...

I've never watched that programme, just the shorts watching the camp nonsense is enough to make me go "oh woteva". I cannot for the life of me figure out why they need to act out this overt show of camp nonsense. Its all hype and utter garbage. They arent even any good as entertainment, they're just really, REALLY sad.

Flattie said...

No deah they're gay.......

Morticia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morticia said...

Its curtains for the curtains, Jamie muaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa