Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So Tauranga drivers are psychic

Well , the majority of them fucking well must be. You see, there is a marked reluctance to use indicators on roundabouts. I guess everyone must KNOW where they are going. I must have sinned mightily at work, because I have been exiled to doing the Bays car part run & ,as you may guess, this includes Tauranga. it also includes Mt Maunganui, Te Puke, Rotorua, Matamata, Cambridge, Te Awamutu & Hamilton & sometimes Morrinsville & Waitoa. all in all, a fairly busy day.

It is a lot less stressful, as by & large I find folks down that way a lot less anal & uptight about things as their Auckland counterparts, BUT they do have some bloody strange habits. Inh the port area of the Mount, it isnt uncommon to see a 40 footer stop in the middle of a roundabout to let his mate out of a side road. The only other folk I have ever seen stop in the middle of a roundabout has been wearing white gloves & is (gasp, shudder) Asian. The whole system for getting from downtown Tga, to the Port Area via the socalled Harbour Bridge, seems to be illconceived for the amount of traffic that is currently frequenting it. No doubt, Tga itesmust get terribly frustrated by this poor old hippy that stops in weird places to consult a map book

But I am getting better. Time was, I could only just find my way to Morty's place, but now I think I can just about get around with relative ease...

Now I gotta get me an ethernet card so as I can be dragged kicking & screaming into the rest of the 21st century & finish installing broadband....

1 comment:

Morticia said...

You should be able to install as a USB device without a nic. Does the modem have a USB port as well as a ethernet one? Telescum's current modem is the Dynalink or DLink 506G (or some such thing, can't remember now), and that has both, I did an install of one only a week or so ago.