Sunday, February 04, 2007

Garage Sales

Herself & I decided to go garage saleing yesterday. There was this one sale out at Ngatea that looked intriguing.. 30 years worth of accumulated stuff by him & her. Turns out that they were selling up to go live in Pukekohe to be nearer to their family. I scored mightily. A Stahlwille 1/2" socket set for $60.00, that his son told me was the first set of tools his Dad bought when he started work. Dad is now 77. The set is like brand new, & still in its original case. Thats quality..

At one of the other sales we went to, I had the good fortune to acquire a heap of sci fi books. I'm nearly as dotty about books as I am about LP's. Amongst them was a book called "Starship Trooper" by Robert A Heinlein . Yep, you guessed it. The story around which that infamous film of the same name is VERY LOOSELY based. The original story is, surprisingly quite good. There is a lot more philosophy in it than the film & some valid points to ponder. One of them concerned the term "juvenile delinquent" by definition, the term doesnt really add up. If some is is delinquent it means that they are in neglect of or in violation of their duty. So tell me how that relates to kids. Probably more to the parents I would think. Its worth a thought..

As for the question of wether or not we should fly the Maori flag at the top of the harbour Bridge, which one should we fly ????










I mean , there really is quite a choice isnt there ? Personally, I would rather see this one being flown.....

3 comments:

cwnda said...

We'll fly that one iff'n you'll wear a kilt an' sporran on Queen Street .... on second thoughts, scrap the kilt ........ -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Only iffin you be there to play the pipes....

cwnda said...

.... never heard it called THAT before .... -Ô¿Ô-