Thursday, February 15, 2007

What are you doing Dave ?????

While I was in Paeroa doing deliverys this morning, I was taken by an overwhelming urge to reduce water pressure. Normally, I do this at the North end of town at your very basic kick the glass bricks in & write on the wall sort of loo. As I happened to be at the South end of town & heading for Hamilton, I decided to give the new hi tech bogs, (pictured) down by the L& P bottle a whirl.

Now, quite aside from the flashing LED's to inform you of the status & quite aside from them looking like some form of cosmic transfer station & quite aside from them being the most scrupulously clean & tidy public loos I have seen the inside of, & in my job, you get to see a few, they bloody well TALK to you. You see, once inside, you push the button to lock the door & there is a sound like a Star Trek door closing & this pleasant Americanised male voice tells you that the door is now locked & you have 10 minutes to do your bizzo before the door automatically unlocks. Yes Dave, you can manually unlock before that if you wish to. THEN the damn thing starts playing mood music till the door is unlocked. I'm not certain what it is, but Handels Water Music would be a good option. Even the flush is an electronic push button. I hope they have some sort of fail safe system in the event of a power failure. I would purely hate to be locked in for 3 hours with nothing but elevator music to pass the time....

No comments: