Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boobs Bum & Bollocks

We are unfortunate enough to play host to my Mum's dog. His name is Misty, & he is a pedigree idiot. This is him in a typical at rest pose....


Not many dogs have their own eiderdown & black velvet cushions, but he does. This says something about us I guess, but I'll leave it to you to say it. Because of his breeding or lack of, he is also a fairly high maintainance sort of mutt. He has cost us substantially more than he's worth in vet fees. One of his main problems is excema on his back. The heat stuffs him up something chronic. Guess what he's got at the moment ? Yep. A while ago, I was suffering badly from Buzzard's crutch, to the point where walking hurt. I called in at a pharmacy in sheer desperation for something to ease it. They sold me a tube of something called 3B Ointment. Its very good.

In sheer desperation the other night, after he had been bathed & clipped & was still all inflamed & itchy, I had a brainwave & hauled out the old 3B. Worked a treat it did. The inflammation went down in about an hour, & all the red is gone. Was good while it lasted , now the dopey bastard has gone & chewed it red raw again.

BREAKING NEWS........ how about the dopey bastard on who wants to be a millionaire Australian that did a big long walk to raise funds for his church, but didn't know that the third book of the Bible Old Testament is Leviticus..... Even a hardened old sinner like me knows that .

OTHER NEWS...... Took a short day today because the nice little Scottish Lady that is our support person For the Waikato branch of MN Support came for lunch. She has offered all sorts of support which is very heartening. I have been starting to feel a little bit out on a limb lately. See, Herself has always been the one to talk to people & sort awkward stuff out, but thats not real easy for her now, so its up to me a lot more. I dont like doing it, but I havent got a lot of choice these days. Its like everything else I guess. Character building.

No comments: