Thursday, February 12, 2009

I managed to keep my first born

But it was a damn close run thing with a couple of second cousins. Let me explain. I finally managed to get to the doctor for myself today. I needed a couple of scripts filled that go back to when we were changing doctors. They were for meds that I haven't had done from our current provider, so we had to see a doc. I figured that while I was there, I may as well have a whinge about all the rest of the stuff that I had wrong with me. He listened & threw one or two others at me as well. Now I have enough stuff here to start my own pharmacy. Hope it all works. As I told him, we'll start with easy, (redo the scripts) & work our way down to the difficult. (Find a cure for Motor Neurone Disease)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

If it makes you feel any better, I take TWELVE prescription meds daily (costing me hundreds of dollars a month), mostly due either directly or indirectly to diabetes.

Having said that, I think most
American doctors are in cahoots with the mammoth pharmaceutical companies, who give them kickbacks for every prescription they write. In other words, it's somewhat of a scam. But what's a person to do really? Ignore the doc, and have a heart attack or stroke...or go along with the scam?

Flattie said...

Thank you for those words of encouragement my dear. This is the most pills & potions I have ever taken in my life. Medication here is not actually quite that expensive. You know I am OCCASIONALLY prone to exaggeration. A high percentage of drugs here are funded by a government department, so it ended up with 8 different perscriptions only costing me $15.00. As our health provider is ethnically oriented, they do make a conscious effort to keep costs down. My visit there also only cost $15.00. This is also due in part to me now qualifying for the old farts bulk discount rate

Kathy said...

Medical costs in America are astronomical. I'll be sure and talk to my pharmacists about their company's instituting the "old farts' bulk discount rate".

In the interest of not re-inventing the wheel, however, maybe I should first contact the AARP. They may have already tried lobbying Congress for something similar, although I'm sure it would be under a label far less creative and descriptive than the "old farts' bulk discount rate".* ;-)

*Actually, I think it's called Medicare, but it never hurts to ask.