Sunday, February 15, 2009

I came, I played, I rocked....

I finally did something today that I have been putting off doing for a variety of reasons for a lot of years. Herself & i went down to one of the local watering holes Where they had an open day for muso's. I have been practicing. I played some killer blues & I played them bloody well in front of about 70 odd people. I knew I was doing OK, because most everybody shut up & listened, Which was pretty good seeing as they didn't know 3 out of 4 of my songs. Was a nice feeling to have them singing along to "House of The Rising Sun." It was a buzz having a band behind me that knew what they were doing as well. I didnt really know what I was missing until I had it if you know what I mean. The guy that sings for the band came up & shook my hand after, so I guess I did it good.

Even my harshest critic, Herself, gave me her hand sign that means "OK" when I finished. She wasn't originally going to come, but I put my foot down somewhat & also used a smidgeon of emotional blackmail, so she relented. She admitted afterwards that she was a bit scared of being out of her comfort zone. That made two of us really. She admitted afterwards that she enjoyed it in spite of herself. That made two of us really.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Aw, now you're gonna go and get all famous and stuff. I just hope you remember to thank all us "Little People" when you're accepting your Grammy.

Unknown said...

Good for you Flattie, it takes some pretty big round things in your nether regions to get up on stage in front of a few people you dont know, let alone 70 odd. Kudos.