Friday, February 13, 2009

Rockin On

Some time ago, Morty gave me a box full of cassette tapes, (remember those ?) I finally remembered where I put them last night & had a rat through them & hauled out half a dozen or so. You see, this morning I had a dream run to do. Leave the depot at 6.00 am, straight up to Mt Wellington in Auckland to a well known soft drink manufacturer, load 15 pallets of produce & come home. I was back at the depot by 9.30 am. A very proffessional load out too. I was in out & gone in 30 minutes. here's a pic of what a well loaded 8 wheeler looks like.

Note the way that the pallets start out relatively small against the headboard, work up in size so that most of the weight is toward the back axles, then tapers off again so that nothing is going to fall over, (Very important.) Anyway, back to tapes. This truck is an import so comes with the usual crap jap radio. It does however have a good factory installed tape deck. So picture one very happy old hippy trucky rockin on down the highway with a big grumbly diesel V8 under him & Jefferson Airplane, Stevie Ray Vaughn & The Dooby Brothers in the speakers. It doesn't get a lot better workwise really.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I must say, Flattie: You are very well-stacked!

Flattie said...

Aaaahhh... I love it when you talk to me like that.. You really know the way to an old truckers heart don't you ?