Sunday, February 22, 2009

I haven't written much this week.

That's not to say things haven't been happening, because they have. Its just that I haven't felt a lot like talking about them. Mainly I guess because I have been floating on a bit of a high from last Sunday still. Herself finally came to a harsh reality this week. She made up for tea one of her favourite mince & pasta dishes, & very nice it was too. As we sat down to eat it, she looked at it & said, "I really want to eat this." Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Three mouthfuls & one Heimlich manoeuvre later, she was sitting there with tears streaming down her face saying,"I'm not normal any more am I ?" Its very hard to retain optimism & objectivity in the face of something like that.

The Boss rang on Friday night, There was two must go deliveries for a new client, one for Waihi & one for Katikati, would we like to do them on Saturday morning ? We did. A couple of extra hours will help clear the bills I guess.

Herself has an assessment with a speech/language therapist & an occupational therapist from a trust called TalkLink on Thursday afternoon. This is to assess her level of disability & to decide how much help they can give her. Meanwhile, we still haven't heard when she is due forinsertion of the feeding tube. Over Friday beers, my boss very kindly suggested that one of these might be a good investment for her.

He had to concede that he found it very hard to see Herself actually agreeing to the concept. Still the idea was there. Hook it up to the feed tube, add an IV regulating clamp, start a syphon going & instant hands free intoxication. I mentioned this to Herself & , much as I expected, got ' "The Look." Somehow, it really wasn't that unexpected.

I finally rearranged the shade sail this morning. The big one is now over the spa pool, so hopefully, we will get a little more privacy & herself won't get so wet from the rain while having a soak. i must admit to finding it ironic that she frets about getting rainwater on her while sitting in a thousand gallons or so of water. Still, if it makes her happy then its not a problem, & she does, as I do, enjoy her soak in the pool at night.

Well, thats about it for this week. Its nearly time for two episodes of Deep Space 9 then a nap. Catch ya later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:-( *sad and speechless*