Monday, May 25, 2009

Its all my fault

This early unseasonable cold weather i mean. All I want to do is mow the lawns. And its not like there's acres of them or any thing.It's just that I'm not all that fussed about using an electric mower in the rain. Even with an isolating transformer. Every time I even think about dragging the damn thing out, down it comes. Doesn't matter. I have plenty of time now. Its just that Herself likes the lawns neat & tidy & she wants them neat & tidy NOW.

Today is a redletter day for us. We sign the last bits of paper that guarantee our lifestyle. Then, I think, this whole thing of me not working & Herself's mortality will actually sink in. I would like to say that I am getting used to a relaxed life style, but so far it hasn't happened. As you know, I have been helping a friend shift house last week & , God help me, another of Herself's friends is shifting Wednesday, fortunately this time with a professional shifter. In spite of that, I have offered help with trailor loads of pot plants etc. Yeah, I know, a sucker for punishment.

We are heading for Herself's third acupuncture treatment on Tuesday. I am hoping that this one will bring a measure of relief from the arthritis that plagues her so. It has already slowed down the incidence of cramp in her neck, which is good. Other than that, we need to go to the library & sort out getting some work done on Sherman to get him absolutely tip top to come & see all you good people. I'm not even going to mention that he needs a bath......

1 comment:

The Happy Hutter said...

Hi James and Jude. It is not the first time that I have heard about arthritis escalating with MND dx, hmmm....I, too, get cramp and have found that Quinine works really well for cramp. However, Quinine does cause an intolerance to the sun but it is winter now so this should not be a problem. Cramp and MND go hand in hand I am afraid! Hey...Congratulations on your beautiful new grandchild.