Saturday, May 02, 2009

On the barter system

One of the good things about not working is that I now have all sorts of time to do stuff. all sorts of cool stuff. Like collecting mushrooms with a mate. L0ts of mushrooms. 4 buckets full on our last trip to be exact. Quite aside from gorging ourselves on them, ( I do love bacon & mushrooms) We both swap them for other stuff. Pete has a shop & he swaps them for his morning cups of coffee. So far, I have managed a couple of drinks, a pumpkin & a couple of slices of a particularly nice chocolate slice. Todays rain will hopefully bring on a fresh crop. Monday will tell. I'm now casting a speculative eye on a surfeit of silverbeet, parsley & basil in the garden. its all stuff you have to keep picking else it goes to seed. We got more of all 3 than Herself & I can possibly use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Tries not to be jellus about the mushrooms - fails! An' I bet they were the delicious, big, black, flat ones too! Wipes drool off screen...... Love Muna.