Thursday, May 14, 2009

Speechless in Seattle. (Well, Thames anyway)

We are currently helping a dear friend to shift house. Quite aside from anything else, the analogy of a booze up in the brewery springs to mind, but thats not what I want to tell you about. While we were loading out interminable boxes of junk from her garage, she says,"Hey, look at this," & opens a grotty old suitcase. She started hauling some incredibly tatty & badly scratched old Elvis LP's. Thats cool, that didn't bother me. What rendered me speechless was at the bottom of the box. Would you believe one of the original Beatles White albums. The one with the embossed title & the serial number on the jacket. With trembling paw I drew forth the vinyl. They were in pristine condition apart from looking like it had been cleaned with 80 grit sandpaper. Well, it was a nice dream while it lasted I suppose. She couldnt understand why I swore profusely at her.......

No comments: