Friday, August 18, 2006

Sit & Stay

Most Wednesdays I end up doing the Waihi run in the afternoon. This is to enable Ed to go home early & have a break in case he has to do an evening shuttle run for the excess Auckland freight. He doesnt mind doing this bless him, as to quote him, "I dont have a life anyway." The extra cash to go towards his Thailand holiday helps. Me I like to go home & be with my darling of an evening. Anyway, I digress. On my way home I pass through a little township called Hikutaia. In the church grounds there, TVDOC meets. What is TVDOC I hear you say? Thames Valley Dog Obedience Club is what. The thing I consistently notice here is that without exception, all the attendees are women. Why is that?

I could be sticking my neck out a tad here but I have a theory or two.. Is it because your average tripehound knows that a command from a male if not obeyed is usually followed up by a swift boot in the slats so therefore obedience equals expedience? Could it be the deepness of voice of the command as opposed to a pleasantly worded request? For example... He.... "SIDDOWN YA BLOODY FLEABITTEN MUNG OR I'LL KNOCK YER BLOODY BLOCK OFF!." as opposed to ,"Sit ,Poopsy sit,there's a good little poochykins."Dont really have that same ring of authority does it? Then again , it could be that charming feminine habit of wanting other creatures to do exactly what they are told to do. Anyway, it seems a mite strange to me that grown women are willing to stand around in a paddock while their precious little darlings sniff each others butts & indulge in the odd spot of leg humping. Whats the point ? They could & should be home cooking their husbands dinner. Maybe they have hubbys obedient enough that all they need to be told is "Cook george, cook!" Not in this household anyway.. Waddaya reckon ????

6 comments:

Morticia said...

I dont know where to start on this post... it would take me all night to think of a male-oriented and understandable explantion of females and leg humping and butt sniffing and all the various potential clean and grubby connotations implicit in each.

I'll leave it to Kathy. She'll know what to write :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Morty, and you can safely bet I will -- as soon as I calm down!

Oh, Flattie, you've really gone and done it now! It's AWN, mate!!!

K

Flattie said...

HE HE HE HE... Nuffink like a good stir to get things going is there ???

Anonymous said...

Hmmph! Just for that, you get absolutely no tongue-lashing from ME, young man!

Which reminds me of a good story I once heard:

Didja hear the one about the masochist who married the sadist? On their wedding night, the masochist screamed, "Beat me, beat me!" And of course, the sadist replied, "No!"

K

Flattie said...

One of my favourite jokes too.. And what is wrong with a bit of good honest Chauvinism anyway ???

Anonymous said...

Absolutely spot on, Mate! What IS wrong with a bit of good honest Chauvinism? And since you feel that way, Flattie, here's a bit of good honest REVERSE chauvinism for ya:

Men are like Laxatives ...... They irritate the crap out of you.

Men are like Bananas ...... The older they get, the less firm they are.

Men are like the Weather ....... Nothing can be done to change them.

Men are like Blenders ...... You need one, but you're not quite sure why.

Men are like Chocolate Bars ....... Sweet, smooth and they usually head right for your hips.

Men are like Commercials ....... You can't believe a word they say.

Men are like Government Bonds ...... They take soooooooo long to mature.

Men are like Mascara ...... They usually run at the first sign of emotion.

Men are like Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a little while.

Men are like Lava Lamps ...... Fun to look at, but not very bright.

And last, but certainly not least:

Men are like Snowstorms ...... You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.

Yeah, that chauvinism is a real crack-up, isn't it?

K