Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I came, I saw.......

Tonight I exorcised a personal demon. I did a round the depot run with a truck & trailor. Not so very long ago, I would not have had enough confidence in my ability to do it. I even parallel parked it in the middle of a line of trucks, not once, but 3 times. Herself, who came for the ride, was very impressed. It takes a bit to do that with her.

Some time ago,she planted some grotty old spuds that had been overlooked in the pantry for a while & sprouted. Cynic that I am, I scoffed. We harvested them on the weekend. I had forgotten how satisfying it is to eat potatoes that you have grown yourself, specially when they are accompanied with silver beet & garnished with parsley that you have grown yourself as well. Its very nice & very back to nature.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's silver beet?

Flattie said...

You probably know it as Swiss Chard. It grows well here & we eat a lot of it.

cwnda said...

Flattie getting back to nature ...... *averts eyes* -Ô¿Ô- 

Flattie said...

Aaaaaaahhhh.... shaddup...

Kathy said...

Two things that money cannot buy: True love and homegrown potatoes.

(Whaddya mean, "That's not how it goes"?)

Morticia said...

Wait until you get a taste of the butternut I harvested for you the other day, I have a bunch of them in the dining room for Herself to take home with you today and a big box of grapes :-)