Monday, July 31, 2006

The holy Quest

Can anybody explain to me why the hell food that is supposed to be good for you tastes like shit ? All the food thats "rich in fibre" & "full of natures goodness" looks & tastes like its already been processed through the digestive tract of a ruminant animal, allowed to dry in the sun & sifted through a very coarse sieve & made into something that looks like it might have been edible once upon a time a long long time ago. My question is this..

How in the name of all thats holy do you make meusli remotely edible ? I have tried honey & brown sugar ( Not together of course) but no joy. It still looks & tastes like its been recovered from the floor of a factory. I have yet to try some of the real flash stuff; Mr Hubbards stuff an all, but I'm not holding me breath.

Next question.. Why are Aucklanders like snails ? Cos they all come out when it rains.. They DO.. The friggin motorway was jammed solid all bloody day today. And tempers go out the window too... Specially mine.............

13 comments:

Morticia said...

aww stop clucking and have another bowl of birdseed..

here chook chook chook chook chook

Flattie said...

Stop pecking on me...

Morticia said...

Bit of a cock up old buddy. And ya not really hen pecked, just pulling ya leg, you know, winging it.

Flattie said...

Wattle you come up with next.. This isnt a yolk you know..

Morticia said...

eggsactly. Do you drink your coffee from a beaker?

Morticia said...

I gotta turn the heater off, Im roasting...

Flattie said...

Yes, I pullet out of the nest every morning...

Morticia said...

Well I gotta fly the coop now.

Flattie said...

And I thought you hung underneaqth your perch..

Morticia said...

to sleep, perchance to dream... hey have you heard about the petshop selling birds? The ones on the bottom perch were $5, the ones on the middle perch were $10 and the ones on the top were $15. So this guy says "why are the ones on the middle and on top more expensive?" and the shopkeeper sez... thats easy, they are on higher perches...

boom boom!

Flattie said...

No , but I did hear about the man who went to work on an egg every morning.. It wouldnt start till he pulled the yolk out.. Time for a wallow in the pool I think..

Morticia said...

wouldnt a dust bath be more appropriate?

Flattie said...

I mite just do that..