Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I love you

Its only 3 little words. Jude & I say it to each other probably at least 10 times a day ; we dont get tired of hearing it & mean it every time we say it. Its something the grand children of Lois Dear, the teacher brutally murdered in her classroom are never going to hear again. Its something that the Kahui twins brutally slain at 3 months probably wouldnt have heard in their lives anyway.

Its also something that I say to my Mum every time I go & see her. It really touches me somewhere very deep inside to see the way her face lights up when I say it & to hear her respond in kind to me, no matter what nonsense she has been rambling away with just previously. When I say "I love you," Just for a moment I see my old Mum there, with comprehension & it makes the visit worthwhile.

I am very fortunate to have compassionate & understanding employers. If I have a delivery to the home that Mum is in, they are quite happy for me to drop in to see her for 5 minutes here & there. I did so tonight & parted with my usual hug & "I love you Mum," & for the first time ever it didnt register with her what I had said. Intellectually , I know that this is an inevitability. Emotionally, I hurt.

No comments: