Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wish you were here

Had a lovely afternoon today. One of the boys at work loaned me the new double DVD by Pink Floyd, Pulse. Absolutely awesome. I think if they ever come to New Zealand I think that I would seriously consider a deal with Old Nick for tickets. Quite aside from the innovative & extremely competent muso's, the light & film show is just something else again. All this & we've only watched about half of what is on the discs. Even Chloe the cat sat & watched it. She didnt say all that much, but I think she liked it. She rated it as a 3" dribble, which is just about her ultimate complement. Sat & watched the whole lot she did, even though we had the big sound on. was the closest thing to being in Earls Court you could want . Always find "Wish You were Here " very poignant & it always brings a tear to my eye. The reason for this is that I had a young friend once, who fell off a cliff while culling goats & died. His brother, who is a professional entertainer, stood up & sang it at tthe funeral. I admired him greatly for that. I couldnt even read my poem through at my Dad's funeral.

Anyway, it was a bloody good way to spend an afternoon. Thanks Dave

No comments: