Thursday, July 06, 2006

I have a serious problem

No, its got nothing to do with behaviour or any communicable social disease. The only Korean that I know is a South Korean & she is very nice. She even came round & had a wallow in the spa pool with us & was extremely effusive in her thanks for same. I have never met nor had any problems with any North Koreans, nor signed any blood brotherhood pacts with any. So now to my problem.

I cant for the life of me see why the actions of a North Korean that I have never met, should cost me money. So North Korea have tested a few oversized fireworks. Big deal. The fact that this action is going to cost me even more to fuel my car IS a big deal. I am sorely peeved. I mean, the Pakistani's did the same thing not so very long ago & nobody gave a rats ass about that.. I wonder why ? Ohhh yes. Thats it.. We like them. They help us in the war against terror dont they? never mind that they are all mad as wet hens & hate India with a passion that has to be seen to be believed, they are our friends. North Korea on the other hand, albeit with the help of Communist China,kicked serious butt in the early 50's & we dont forget things like that do we, so they are definitely not our friends.

Couple that with them having a somewhat oppressive dictatorship & a definite non green policy & we have a pariah nation. But I still cant see why the testing of a few cruise missiles in the Sea of Japan should send the price of my tank of gas in an upward direction. i mean the bloody stuff is already here isnt it ?

Do you think a little mass hysteria generated by certain super power leaders might have something to do with it ? Its alright for them, they already have enough capability to wipe North Korea of the map if they get stroppy. maybe a touch of jealousy ? We had those toys first & we are the only ones responsible enough to play with them.. I really dont care. just for God sake sort it all out & get on with it. Oh yeah, & bring the price of fuel down to a sane level again Ok ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There, there, Flattie...it'll be okay. Try downing a beer in the spa pool...works every time for me.