Tuesday, July 11, 2006

An open letter to the CIA

Hi guys, you probably dont remember, but you confiscated one of my blog posts a while back that dared cast nasturtiums at American Foreign policy. Its not that i really like to whinge, but you've done it again ! I had a really neat blog done yesterday about how it was the anniversary of the introduction of decimal currency & how I was at Anakiwa doing an Outward Bound course on a Lions Club sponsorship, blardy blah blah. The only possibly slightly offensive bit in it was that I mentioned that it was Arlo Guthrie's birthday.. You remember Arlo. I'm sure he is still on your shit list over Alice's Restaurant, but hey thats Ok. I understand. Really I do.

Now for the serious bit. Pitcairn Island has been in the news over the last year or so because some of its leading citizens have been charged with some seriously odious sex crimes & found guilty in an English Court of Law. At the moment they are appealing to the highest court authoritys in the land on the grounds that British Law doesnt apply to them. Why then are they using said systems appeal system if they dont acknowledge it? All these lowlifes are still living their usual lives on the island till the appeals are heard. It certainly sets an interesting precedent. My personal opinion is this. That particular shallow end of the gene pool definitely needs more chlorine.

1 comment:

Morticia said...

Lots and lots of chlorine.

Look at the other side of the Pitcairn debacle - if they DID find them all guilty (as it sounds like they are, from media reports anyway) there would be issues then as to where to incarcerate them all. I don't think Pitcairn has much in the way of prison facilities and WE sure as hell don't want to be paying for their board, lodging and heated-floor cells.

I know, find them a nice desolate island somewhere and cast em all away on there. Oh yeah, that's how this all began, innit... better scratch that idea huh.